Building Blocks Family Counseling has been monitoring the current COVID-19 pandemic. The safety of our clients is our number one priority. Because of the contagious nature of this virus, we are taking all precautions possible.
We are highly encouraging all clients to take advantage of our telehealth (video session) option. We are already set up to provide telehealth or video sessions to all of our clients. If you choose this option, you will be sent a link for your online session. You do not have to download any programs or extra software. You will need access to a webcam if you use a laptop. Our program also works on tablets and phones but laptops are best. Our program is HIPPA compliant, so confidentiality can still be maintained for these sessions. We ask our clients to find a quiet and confidential place for their session, if choosing to use the telehealth option. Insurances are working with providers to cover these sessions. If we have any technology issues, we can have a phone session as well. Video sessions are preferred.
If you choose to come into the office for your session, please adhere to the following guidelines we have established in order to maintain the safety of all clients.
1. Please wash your (and your children’s) hands before and after your session.
2. Please wait in your car until your scheduled appointment time. As a precaution, our waiting room will be closed to all guests.
3. In the case of our younger clients, we will be utilizing 45 minute session times in order to sanitize and clean all toys, playroom, games, etc.
4. If you or anyone in your house is feeling sick, please cancel your appointment and stay home.
5. During this time, all late cancellation fees will be waived. Please respond to the text message or email reminders if you need to cancel your appointment.
Building Blocks Family Counseling services over 400 clients across three office locations. During this crisis, we feel it’s important to continue to offer our services to those that need it. However, to ensure the safety of our clients, we also need to take serious precautions which is why we are highly encouraging all of our clients to temporarily transition to our telehealth solution (video sessions).
We hope that you and your family are healthy, and I’m hoping that through adhering to the recommendations of social distancing we can all stay that way.