Level Up: Using Video Games to Connect with your Clients
Due to COVID-19 health concerns, this one-time online event has been approved by APT for 3 CONTACT CE HOURS.
Building a rapport with young clients can be a struggle in the new world of pandemics, virtual learning, and working from home. By incorporating video games into our interventions, we are able to enter a world that builds on themes we already use in our practice. This workshop will explore possible ways to utilize video gaming as a play therapy technique in a virtual environment.
This workshop aims to give you new ideas on how to utilize videos games as a way to connect, communicate, and create an environment that promotes more positive emotions, stress management, and resiliency.
Through this program participants will be able to:
- Describe how to use video games to build rapport with play therapy clients
- Create play therapy intervention that incorporates video games
- Discuss potential ethical concerns regarding the use of video games
- Demonstrate how to use video games to facilitate powers of play & communication
- Create an environment for play therapy clients
- And much more!
Download the flyer!
Class Dates (online via Zoom)
August 27, 2021 9am to 12pm
Session Costs – $60, Student Rate – $30
3 Contact CE’s provided.